LANGUAGE: ENGLISH, SPANISH, GERMAN, FRENCH.
1) Why multiple language is so important.
“I’d love to speak another language, but…”
∴ Over the years, I’ve heard more reasons not to learn a language than I ever would have imagined. I even used to make excuses for myself, before I learned my first new language, Spanish.
∴ I’ve yet to hear (or come up with) a single good reason for not learning a language.
∴ Speaking a second language each day really can keep the doctor away! Study after study has demonstrated the cognitive benefits of learning another language, no matter how old you are. Memory improvement, longer attention span, and a reduced risk of age-related cognitive decline, are just a few of the known positive effects of speaking two or more languages.
2) Why is it important to learn Spanish?
- There are over 400 million Spanish speakers world-wide.
- With more than 33 million speakers, Spanish is the second largest language in the United States.
- Being able to speak Spanish greatly enhances your resume. If you are bilingual you are more competitive in the workplace.
- You can travel to a Spanish-speaking country and really get to know the culture.
- Your ability to understand Spanish enables you to gain important insights which monolinguals cannot.
- As we grow older, our memory begins to fade. Learning a foreign language actually helps keep your memory sharp.
3) Why is it important to learn German?
- The German language is amongst the ten most normally spoken languages across the globe.
- Germans are global leaders in Engineering
- 18% of the world’s books are published in German, and few of these hardly appear in English translation.
- German is the gateway to a higher education.
⇒ Most of the people speak German as their national language other than any other language in Europe. It is an official tongue of Austria, Switzerland, and Luxembourg. The German language can connect you to more than 100 million native speakers around the world. It is the third most widely spoken language after English.
⇒ Knowing the German language creates business opportunities.
4) Why is it important to learn French?
- French is the international language of Architecture, Visual arts, Dance, Cooking, Fashion, etc.
- The ability to speak French helps you get a job in multi-national companies in a wide range of sectors such as aeronautics, IT, retailing, automotive, etc.
- Speaking French opens up opportunities for higher education in the most reputed universities of France.
- French is an analytical language that develops critical thinking.
- French is the easiest language for English speakers to learn.
- The ability to speak French is very useful and important for guides because France is the world’s top tourist destination.
»» Advantages of learning foreign languages.
- Foreign Language study creates more positive attitudes and less prejudice toward people who are different.
- Analytical skills improve when students study a foreign language.
- Business skills plus foreign language skills make an employee more valuable in the marketplace.
- Creativity is increased with the study of foreign languages.
- International travel is made easier and more pleasant through knowing a foreign language.
- Skills like problem solving, dealing with abstract concepts, are increased when you study a foreign language.
- Foreign language study enhances one’s opportunities in government, business, medicine, law, technology, military, industry, marketing, etc.
- A second language improves your skills and grades in math and English and on the SAT and GRE.
- Foreign language study enhances listening skills and memory.
⇒ One participates more effectively and responsibly in a multi-cultural world if one knows another language.